Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bummer

So my school likes to send students away to work with doctors in more rural settings one on one and usually you wind up living at th hospital or a nearby hotel. It's better for really getting some experience as to what living life in that specialty might be like some day. The first two weeks I spent doing one of these rotations in surgery I forgot my running shoes and was rather bummed at my lack of workout prospects. This week I almost did it again but I turned around 15 minutes into my drive to get them. It also turns out this week is the busiest yet, with two back to back 12 hour days and 6 cases scheduled for tomorrow on top of 3 nights of call. I'm starting to see why some docs find it so hard to practice what we preach...

BTW the pizza I had to pickup because the cafeteria was closed is fantastic

No comments: